As part of our source protection plan development, the Cataraqui Source Protection Committee hosted a series of community roundtables in 2011.
The objective of these roundtables was to create an open dialogue with people, businesses and organizations in the areas that could be affected by source protection plan policies. We wanted to make sure that we listened to their ideas on draft policies and other initiatives to protect drinking water in their communities.
The main focus of discussion at our roundtables was the drinking water threats that could affect their communities. These were identified in the Assessment Report that was completed in 2010. For more details, please click here to view our Assessment Report Executive Summary.
Thank You for Participating in Our Roundtables
Thank you to those who participated in our community roundtables. We appreciate your input. The roundtable schedule is provided below.
- Gananoque - January 31, 2011 to discuss the Gananoque Intake Protection Zone.
- Mallorytown - February 1, 2011 to discuss the Miller Manor Apartments Wellhead Protection Area.
- Kingston Mills - February 28, 2011 to discuss the Cana Subdivision Wellhead Protection Area.
- Brockville - March 1, 2011 to discuss the Brockville Intake Protection Zone.
- Sydenham - April 4, 2011 to discuss the Sydenham Intake Protection Zone.
- Lansdowne - April 5, 2011 to discuss the Lansdowne Wellhead Protection Area.
- Bath - May 16, 2011 to discuss the Bath, Napanee and Sandhurst Shores Intake Protection Zones.
- Athens - May 17, 2011 to discuss groundwater in the rural areas of Athens, Brockville, Elizabethtown-Kitley, Front of Yonge, Gananoque, Leeds and the Thousand Islands, and Rideau Lakes.
- Kingston -May 30, 2011 to discuss the Kingston Central and West Intake Protection Zones.
- Marysville - May 31, 2011 to discuss groundwater in Frontenac Islands.
- Napanee - June 16, 2011 to discuss groundwater in the rural areas of Greater Napanee, Kingston, Loyalist and South Frontenac.
- Amherstview - June 20, 2011 to discuss the Amherstview Intake Protection Zone.
The roundtable discussions helped to develop the policies that are contained in our Source Protection Plan. Please click here to view the Executive Summary of the Plan.